Our lives are filled with information. Online and offline, scribbled notes, post-its, to-do lists, research, web history, and much more. With information being a huge part of our lives these days (especially with the internet and our busy schedules), organizing them may be tough.
Why not organize based on the tasks we are doing?
We remember actions.
Actionable to-do lists.
Writing actionable to-do lists is a great productivity hack. It gives your tasks a meaning and makes it easier for our brain to comprehend it, hence increasing the chances of getting it done. Instead of organizing all your holiday planning and travel research under “Travel” or “Trip to San Francisco”, save it as “Planning trip to San Francisco”. Not only does it make you complete the task, it also makes it easier to refer back to all your travel plans.
Better organization just makes it easier to refer back to our information. Now that I have all my travel plans organized under “Planning trip to San Francisco”, the next time I go there I just have to look back at that task and view all the information that I have in there. This would even work for really small tasks you do everyday. For example, save all your favorite design websites in one task called “Get design inspiration” and you would be able to access them easily every time you need design inspiration.
Get an app that does just that.
For those of you who spend most of your time online and need an app that saves all your information as tasks, use Overtask. It’s a Chrome extension that saves all your sites based on the task you are doing, allowing you to refer back to sites easily. Using Overtask, you are not just limited to saving research information, but also web apps that you need to complete the task. For example, have a task called “Write report for group assignment” and have web apps like Google Drive saved together with your research sites, communication tools like Facebook and Gmail, and team management tools like Trello.
Make 2014 a great year by organizing your information based on tasks to stay productive and organized. Happy New Year!
- [Chrome] OverTask lets you better manage tabs in a unique fashion (dottech.org)
- Why Targetprocess is better than Trello (soshitech.com)
- Overtasked (janineofalltrades.wordpress.com)
- 6 Task Management Apps to Keep You Focused (business2community.com)
- www.fastcompany.com (fastcompany.com)
- 12 Free Online Tools To Rock Your Office (stamply.wordpress.com)
- Why I Love Trello (wiredwritings.wordpress.com)
- A productivity technique every founder needs to apply (soshitech.com)
- The Online Marketing Tools Our Inbound Marketers Are Most Thankful For (business2community.com)
- Trello to track life goals (tonytam.wordpress.com)