Numerous members of the GOP conference emerged from their weekly closed-door meeting Thursday expressing confidence in a bill that would seek numerous cuts and legislative changes in return for raising the country’s $16.7 trillion borrowing cap. They said a vote could be scheduled swiftly, with an Oct. 17 deadline looming.
“I’d guess we need more votes,” one said.
- Don’t Just Accept The Sequester (ourfuture.org)
- The latest on Brett Hulsey, his convertible, the Republican caucus and his district (host.madison.com)
- teabagger Alert!! – But it’s NOT Republican Obstructionism – ‘House to Vote on Defunding Obamacare’ (thelastofthemillenniums.wordpress.com)
- Boehner Says He’s Out Of Ideas To Prevent a Shutdown. Here’s One. (ourfuture.org)
- Senate Democrats Who Favor Keystone XL Rebuff Debt-Limit Linkage – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Obamacare will be a disaster – for Republicans! (blogs.e-rockford.com)
- Cruz hails ‘strong bipartisan’ vote to defund Obamacare, warns GOP to expect ‘gimmicks’ from Reid (dailykos.com)
- Pension bombing bill. Illinois Democrats will own it. (preaprez.wordpress.com)
- House GOP’s New Gambit: Tie Obamacare To The Debt Limit (tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Obama: Republicans `Holding the Whole Country Hostage’ (wifr.com)