Apple has just updated its developer website for the iOS App Store to show the distribution of devices on different versions of iOS, and iOS 7 now commands a significant league, with 74 percent of devices using the major overhaul released alongside the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c in September.
iOS 7 usage has increased 10 percent since October according to Apple’s numbers, which is remarkable growth especially given the drastic nature of the changes in this update, which includes a complete visual overhaul of all OS elements. Even more impressive is the fact that another 22 percent of active App Store users are running iOS 6, which means that together, a full 96 percent of iOS customers are running just the two most recent versions of the mobile OS, while Android still has a much more scattered distribution.
Source Read More – > http://techcrunch.com/2013/12/05/ios-7-adoption-official-apple/
- Apple Puts iOS 7 Adoption At 74% Based On App Store Usage Numbers (techcrunch.com)
- Apple shows 74 percent of devices now run iOS 7 (news.cnet.com)
- Apple Puts iOS 7 Adoption At 74% Based On App Store Usage Numbers (theloveoftech.wordpress.com)
- Apple Puts iOS 7 Adoption At 74% Based On App Store Usage Numbers (charlielawrance.wordpress.com)
- iOS 7 adoption hits 74 percent among Apple mobile users (digitaltrends.com)
- iOS 7 now powers 3 out of 4 Apple devices (macworld.co.uk)
- All Thing Digital: iOS 7 Adoption Already at 74 Percent (allthingsd.com)
- Download BBM for iOS 22.214.171.124 (news.softpedia.com)
- iOS 7 now on 74 percent of devices, up 10 percent from October (theverge.com)
- iPhone 5S Models Shipping Times Drop to 1-3 Days (techcular.com)