3 major components that power a search engine
Google sends spiders (bits of computer code) to find and read information on web pages. If the spider can’t read or doesn’t understand your page, it can’t be ranked or indexed.
The spider is not just casually browsing, it’s storing information in a giant database for future reference. It then revisits the information when beneficial for searchers and gauges how relevant your content is to the words people use when searching for an answer.
Google uses a search software that follows a set of complex rules (algorithm) to decide what content to deliver to the searcher.
Obtaining good SEO is not all about pleasing an algorithm. You must write copy using the language of your audience to gain natural authority.
That’s right, the customer always comes first and Google won’t treat you as relevant until others do first.
Create engaging valuable content that’s sharable and Google will love you.
5 things you should know about keywords
- Use research tools like Google Keywords to better understand what and how your audience are asking questions.
- Be specific with your keywords. Use phrases like “NYC personal trainer” rather than “personal trainer”
- Target keywords with high popularity and low competition.
- Choose keywords that are relevant to your ultimate goal.
- Provide content that the needs of your visitors like a useful blog or a detailed Q&A page.
The best way to hack SEO is to provide valuable content for your audience. Heaps of good content means more answers, click throughs, social sharing, and happy searchers. Google spiders love that.
How do you take advantage of SEO? Tell me in the comments.
- Onsite SEO Optimization Tips [VIDEO] (hubshout.com)
- What is Branded SEO [VIDEO] (hubshout.com)
- Seven Tips for SEO Beginners (hubshout.com)
- Blackwood Productions Makes SEO Predictions for 2014 (prweb.com)
- SEO Essential Solutions Strives to Educate Businesses on the Importance of Website Audits (prweb.com)
- Event Recap: A Beginner’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization (rasmussen.edu)
- Outsource SEO to grow business (krishanvishwakarmaseo.wordpress.com)
- All About You: Results of the Moz Blog Survey (moz.com)
- What All Small Business Owners Need to Know About SEO (hiscoxusa.com)
- WebMeUp Online SEO Software Releases an Ultimate SEO Guide Available to Everyone (prweb.com)