Nets training camp begins at Duke University on Oct. 1. Williams, 29, is coming off an injury-plagued 2012-13 season. He played in 78 games despite being bothered by ankle inflammation and weight problems for the majority of the season.
Williams struggled up until the All-Star break, when he received a third set of cortisone shots in both ankles. During that week, Williams also received platelet-rich plasma therapy treatment and did a three-day juice cleanse.
The week off did wonders for Williams, who returned to his elite form, averaging 22.9 points and 8.0 assists in the final 28 games of the season. The ankle inflammation began when Williams was playing in the Olympics for Team USA.
- Nets G Deron Williams has sprained right ankle (miamiherald.com)
- Deron Williams to undergo MRI, still expects to be ready for training camp (probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- Deron Williams Injury: Updates on Nets Star’s Ankle, Likely Return Date (bleacherreport.com)
- Deron Williams expects quick recovery from sprained ankle (newsday.com)
- Deron Williams in walking boot (pnba20.wordpress.com)
- Deron Williams Injures Ankles (newyorksportshub.wordpress.com)
- Nets Deron Williams has sprained right ankle (standard.net)
- Deron Williams Sprains Ankle, Should Be Ready For Camp (slamonline.com)
- Nets G Deron Williams has sprained right ankle (nbcsports.com)
- Nets’ Deron Williams Injured During Workout (atlantablackstar.com)